This promotional ashtray is a very nice vintage advertising piece from the history of a small agricultural community in Southeast Texas.
In 1938, Marvin Gilbreath (M.G.) arrived in Weimar, Texas, with 15 cents in his pocket and looking for a job. He began selling produce, chickens, and eggs, and then added farm supplies. He then decided to grind and sell feed to the local Czech and German farmers, using their locally grown grain. Marvin Gilbreath was the sole owner, until he incorporated the business in 1956, with the only partners being himself and his employees.
After the business went public in 1961, Mr. Gilbreath sold his controlling shares, and family ownership of a center of activity in a farming community passed into history.
This promotional advertising ashtray appears unused. The advertising decal applied to the bottom is in excellent condition, and the glass has clarity and shine, with no marks or chips.
Dimensions: 4 ΒΌ inches by 4 1/4 inches. About 1 inch high.